|Posted on February 22, 2018 at 7:30 PM|
We all know that the new year is a time for renewal and starting off fresh and that often means setting goals for the next year. Did you set goals in January and are you looking at the calendar realizing that its almost the end of February and wondering how to keep your momentum going? You deserve to make this your year and you deserve to reach every goal you have your sights set on. There are some steps that you can take to help keep your eye on the prize in 2018 so that you can get through the year feeling motivated, accomplished and, most importantly, proud!
- Sometimes writing down your intentions is exactly what one needs to keep their eyes on the prize. Maybe you’re more of a visual type person? A picture or quote that you can look to often as a reminder is just as effective too.
- Don’t get overwhelmed. Understand that change and progress is a part of a whole process. Break your goals down into small steps and celebrate those small victories as you get nearer and nearer to reaching your accomplishments.
- We all carry our phones with us all the time so why not use our phones as a tool in helping us be our best selves? There are several apps that have been created to help you reach your goals with convenience and ease. Strides and GoalsOnTrack are two of the most popular apps that break down goals into smaller tasks or achievements with different variables whether you want to set daily, weekly or monthly goals.
- Hold yourself accountable by saying it out loud. Reach out to a friend that has maybe had a similar goal reaching experience as yours and tell him/her about what you’d like to accomplish. Make a plan to check-in with them and ask if they’ll help keep you honest and accountable.
- Be S.M.A.R.T. When you set your goals keep the S.M.A.R.T. method in mind. SPECIFIC. MEASURABLE. ATTAINABLE. RELEVANT. TIMELY.