Note: forms that record experience hours and supervision must be submitted to the board when applying for your license examination (e.i Responsibility Statement for Supervisor of an ASW, Supervisory Plan, Experience Verification).
Note: submission of logs is optional, but if you do submit them keep the originals.
If supervised work hours will be obtained from outside of employment, employer must agree in writing. Letter can be developed by the ASW or can use the sample letter provided by BBS. See Form: http://www.bbs.ca.gov/pdf/forms/lcs/lcs_sample_letter_agreement.pdf
following coursework should be completedas an ASW (some coursework might have been
completed before becoming an ASW):
1. Child Abuse Assessment and Reporting (7 hrs) 2. Human Sexuality (10 hrs)
3. Alcoholism and Other Chemical Substance Dependency (15 hrs)
4. Aging, Long Term Care, and Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse (10 hrs)
5. California Law and Professional Ethics (18 hrs) (Not applicable to CA)
Note: CA applicants do not need to complete this course but are required to complete the CA Law and Ethics Exam within the year of applying and yearly after for renewal.
6. Spousal or Partner Abuse Assessment Detection, and
Intervention (15 hrs)Note: hours apply only to those who entered an MSW program after 1/1/2004 and Out- of -State applicants (for all other verify with BBS).
the above requirements are met as an ASW, register to take the California Laws and
Ethics examination(reminder, this should be done within the year of ASW registration and every year after). Registration Site: https://candidate.psiexams.com/.